It’s that wonderful time of year when all of the high school juniors and seniors are making arrangements for their Junior Prom or Senior Ball. With so many things to think about it can be a daunting task. At the Elizabeth Nicole Salon we thought it would be helpful to list some local resources for you along with links to their sites. While this is not an exhaustive list, it can be a good start. And, we’ve taken the time to read their Yelp! reviews to gain more insight on their quality of service.
First and foremost on the minds of most girls is finding the perfect dress. We spent some time checking out the reviews on Yelp! and the real winner here is:
- Flares Bridal and Formal (56 Reviews, Four and a Half Star rating).
This was the only dress shop with such a great rating.
Tuxedo Rentals are also an important consideration and these two were the best in the area:
- Selix Formalwear, Pleasant Hill store has 6 Reviews, Five Star
- Men’s Wearhouse, Walnut Creek store has 31 Reviews and only Two Star rating, they also have stores in Concord and San Ramon.
Limousine Services that cater to proms and balls and have a positive reputation and quality level of service:
- Black Tie Transportation, 34 Reviews, Four Star rating on Yelp! (Pleasanton)
- Allure Limousine, 7 Reviews, Five Star rating on Yelp! (Concord)
- A&H Limousine, 12 Reviews, Five Star rating on Yelp! (Clayton)
Now, last but certainly not least, make sure you order your flowers. If you have a bit of ribbon or lace that matches your dress, you can even bring that to the florist ahead of time and incorporate it into your corsage or boutonniere.
- Jory’s Flowers, 47 Reviews, Four and a Half star rating (Concord)
- Danville Florist, 7 Reviews, Four Star rating (Danville)
Plan ahead for your hair, nails, makeup and maybe even tanning services. Appointments book up quickly, so it’s best to make them early on. If you have a special hair style, print pictures to bring with you to your appointment; sometimes your vision and the stylist’s vision of what you describe can be slightly different, but a picture is worth a thousand words, right? Review our boards on Pinterest for fresh ideas!
At the Elizabeth Nicole Salon we love to do Special Event styling and we have a promotion this year that includes FREE airbrushed makeup along with your styling service. We have package prices available if you decide to have a Beach Candy spray tan and hair styling and this still includes FREE airbrushed makeup!
Regan Denning Dakin is co-owner of Elizabeth Nicole Salon – A family-owned cozy, boutique Hair Salon in Walnut Creek, California.
For more information, call (925) 549-2200.